Let's make a paper collage of a forest and a lake! It is simple to make, and you can do it at your own pace and time. Perfect craft activity for kids of all ages.
How To Draw a Leprechaun Easy Step by Step Tutorial
We're going to learn how to draw a Leprechaun in this easy step by step tutorial.
According to myth, a leprechaun sits on a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Let's recreate the popular myth by drawing and coloring the famous little elves of Ireland if you're feeling extra creative and lucky today!
Younger ones will have fun practicing their drawing and coloring skills in this activity.
Table of Contents
Learn How To Draw Using Basic Shapes at Creativity School!
Let’s start the creative journey of your kids through drawing using basic shapes!
Our award-winning artists also give away free LIVE art classes from the Creativity School.
Learn how to make collages, animations, pop-up cards, draw ninjas, characters, paint, and much more!
What is a leprechaun?
A Leprechaun is a famous mythical creature in Ireland described as small red-bearded men, wearing a green coat and a top hat. They are also known for hiding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Let's recreate this famous scene in this leprechaun drawing tutorial. It's definitely super simple and enjoyable!
Be sure to check out the video tutorial below.
- 1 White sheet of paper
- Colored Pencil
Step 1. Draw the leprechaun
- Draw the head.
- Add the beard and the face.
- Draw the body.
- Add a hat, then draw the eyebrows.
- Add a 4-leaf clover on the hat. Draw the arms and legs as shown in the picture.
- Lastly, draw a black belt.
Step 2. Draw the pot of gold.
- Add a pile of coins under the leprechaun.
- Draw a big pot.
- Add two pot handles on the side.
Step 3. Draw a rainbow.
- Draw two curved lines upward then to the right.
- Add 6 more curved lines inside for the 7 colors of the rainbow.
Step 4. Color your drawing.
- Color the rainbow (from left to right) with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
- Color the outfit and hat of the leprechaun with green and the beard with orange.
Tips for art-mazing success:
- Finish coloring the pot of gold.
- Continue drawing the rainbow and add another pot of gold on the other side!
- Draw other leprechaun scenes interacting with his pot of gold, and you can add other mythical creatures! Here’s a sample artwork:
Check out these charming leprechaun drawings by our young artists at the Creativity School.
Cool leprechaun drawings at Creativity School by Acacia (top-left), Ahana (top-right), and Naia (bottom)
Creative Kids Live
- Celina G.
On Demand Class
Follow along to learn how to draw an apple, banana, and orange step by step. This fruit drawing tutorial teaches kids useful drawing skills and techniques, as well as how to paint with watercolors.